Site Telephone Services
- Directory information for staff and selected non-staff is available via the web site Directory.
- You can update your own directory information by editing your On-Line Profile (TRIUMF Identity Management) or by contacting Reception.
Long-Distance Calling and Charges
Long-distance calling from non-DID locals (6xxx), or from shared phones (including meeting rooms and area phones) requires a long-distance account code.
Service Requests and Problem Reporting
All telephone service requests and problem reports must be submitted by creating a ticket in the Telephone Service Request queue on TRIUMF's HelpDesk system. If you are unable to create the ticket yourself, please contact Reception to do this on your behalf.
When you report a problem, be sure to include the following information:
- your full name
- how you can be contacted (extension, email address, etc.)
- the extension having problems or needing changes made
- the physical location of the telephone
- a full description of the change requested or problem encountered.
Emergency Phones and Outside Lines
When the TRIUMF telephone switch is shut down for maintenance or due to a system failure,
8 local telephones around the site automatically switch over to direct outside lines. These phones can be identified easily, since they are bright red. These locals will ring when there are incoming calls, and can also be used to call out (without the "9" prefix).
In addition, other direct outside lines are unaffected by telephone switch outages, and can be used for calling in or out.
A map showing the location of each emergency or direct line is available in JPEG format (
Small) or GIF format (
||Direct Outside-Line Phones
||Main Lobby Table
||Main Control Room
||Control Room (F. Bach)
||ISAC Accel. Control Rm 117
||ISAC Ion Src Control Rm 03
||Trailer Hh Fax
||Machine Shop Office
(A complete list of outside lines is available internally)
||Office Bldg Rm 14
||Office Bldg Rm 25A
||Main Control Room
||Office Bldg Pay Phone
||Chem Annex Rm 216
||Office Bldg Rm 22
Maintained and © by TRIUMF Administration Computing Group