Competition # 599
We currently have an opportunity available for an Administrative Assistant to join our Life Sciences Division.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining good public relations for the Division, and will provide a variety of routine, non-routine, technical and administrative services to the divisional Associate Laboratory Director and to other members of the division. In addition to regular services such as answering and screening calls, managing calendars, letter writing, setting up meetings, arranging travel, gathering information, preparing or distributing reports, greeting visitors, and being available and resourceful, you will provide support in a number of specific areas such as, but not limited to:
- Acting as divisional document controller for controlled documents, and as a resource for project gate review preparations
- Maintaining an up-to-date record of communications, reports, and documents, including maintaining divisional scientist CVs, grant submission requirements, key performance indicator metrics and other critical pieces of information needed to monitor the performance of the division
- Processing visitor information: approving online forms, providing letters of invitations
- Securing safety documents for all experiments and uploading to the experiments database
- Coordinating the administration of annual divisional performance reviews
- Assisting with any divisional related conferences, as required
- Maintaining the divisional webpages/content on the website
As an experienced administrative assistant, you will possess:
- Effective oral and written communication skills which include proficiency working with English grammar, spelling and punctuation
- A service-oriented attitude and a collaborate approach to working with colleagues
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Strong organizational skills, independent judgment, confidentiality, time management, attention to detail, and flexibility to work with changing priorities under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact and discretion in dealing with a wide variety of people and personalities
- Proficiency working with MS Word, Office 365, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat and the ability to utilize their functionalities (mail merges, formulas, pdf fillable forms etc.)
- Ability to learn specialized systems, including Agresso(ERP), Indico, Docushare, Google/Outlook Calendars
- Basic database management skills and some familiarity with HTML programming
- At least 5 years' experience in an administrative assistant role, preferably in an academic, research, or university office environment and previous experience working in a fast-paced, project based environment, with emphasis on timeliness and delivery.
- A passion for science or keen interest in nuclear medicine would be an asset
TRIUMF offers a creative, diverse and inclusive team environment working with brilliant individuals. We are located in Pacific Spirit Park on the campus of the University of British Columbia in beautiful Vancouver, BC. On-site amenities include a café and secure bicycle storage.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, a competitive starting salary, and an excellent opportunity to enhance your career portfolio in a high profile national research facility.
Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada on a permanent basis (Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident).
TRIUMF is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Your complete application package should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and will include the following in one complete PDF file:
Applications will be accepted until
TRIUMF Human Resources, 2017-09-30
4004 Wesbrook Mall Vancouver, B.C. Canada V6T 2A3 ·
Tel: 604 222-1047 ·
Fax: 604 222-1074 ·