Competition # 567
Cyclotron Control Systems Operator/Technologist
Our Applied Technology Group (ATG) is comprised of several teams including Cyclotron Operations, Cyclotron Support and Mechanical Engineering Support. ATG is working with Nordion, one of the world's foremost global health science organizations, producing and exporting medical isotopes all around the world. Our medical isotopes are used in the diagnostics and treatment of disease, including applications for cardiology, neurology, oncology and research.
Currently the ATG is accepting applications for a Cyclotron Operator who will join a team of Operators responsible for the safe operation of its isotope production cyclotrons, and associated maintenance and repair activities. The successful applicant will receive formal on-the-job training to become a fully qualified Operator. Our operations run 24/7 and the position requires the Operator to work a rotating shift schedule, and be trained and designated as a TRIUMF Nuclear Energy Worker.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Skills, Requirements, Knowledge, Experience:
- Safe operation of all accelerators, target stations, the target transfer system and subsystems in the isotope production facilities.
- Safe operation of the building control system and the nuclear ventilation.
- Troubleshooting, maintenance and repairs of cyclotron systems and related equipment.
- Performing safety related functions (surveys) as required.
- Documentation as it relates to the operation of the isotope production facility.
- Projects to improve the reliability and performance of equipment.
The total compensation will include
- Safety awareness, with demonstrated mechanical and/or electrical aptitudes
- Capability to show good technical knowledge of accelerator systems and demonstrated analytical skills after receiving on-the-job training
- Flexibility to deal with changing priorities and the ability to systematically and reliably respond to critical situations
- Willingness and flexibility to work a rotating shift
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team, with strong communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
- BCIT diploma or equivalent in an engineering technology program in mechanical, electrical, mechatronics, robotics, computer controls or information technology, or relevant undergrad degree in a related science or engineering discipline
- At least one year of related experience, or a combination of equivalent education and experience with electro-mechanical systems
Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada on a permanent basis (Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident).
- A comprehensive benefit package
- Hiring/training salary range: $42k to $48k per year depending on experience
- An excellent opportunity to enhance your career portfolio in a high profile national research facility
TRIUMF is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Your complete application package should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and will include the following in one complete PDF file:
Applications will be accepted until
TRIUMF Human Resources, 2017-03-31
4004 Wesbrook Mall Vancouver, B.C. Canada V6T 2A3 ·
Tel: 604 222-1047 ·
Fax: 604 222-1074 ·