Canada's National Laboratory for Particle and Nuclear Physics
STUDENT JOB PROGRAM
Summer 2018 job posting
Job number TR18-2-35
Position Title:Programmer Analyst
Name of Project:Work Permit and Timesheet applications
Overview:The student will participate in the development and/or enhancement of Java applications used at TRIUMF.
Duties:The activities will be aligned with the TRIUMF Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC). This will include;
1) Communicating with TRIUMF employees and other stakeholders in order to understand the features and functions required and the business justification for the requests.
2) Participation in joint sessions with TRIUMF employees and other stakeholders in order to prioritize development activities.
3) Design, under supervision, of data models suitable for storing the data elements required to implement the requested design features.
5) Assisting the primary users of the software in the documentation of primary use cases and test runs
6) Deployment of the software to production and documentation of outstanding issues and user guides as appropriate
Skills learned during this work experience:1) Developing user requirements and prioritizing development activities
2) Good database modeling and coding procatices
3) User testing strategies
4) Deployment methods in an enterprise environment
Qualifications:3 years of study in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent education/experience. Experience developing and deploying Java based applications is required. Exposure to relational data modelling would be beneficial.
Period of work:May - Aug 2018 with possible 4-month extension
Salary is commensurate with academic progress and previous relevant work experience, and
ranges from $ 2080 to $ 2800 per month plus 4% vacation pay. |
TRIUMF pays round-trip airfare (this does not apply to Vancouver/Victoria students); for Vancouver Island students, TRIUMF will pay ferry costs.
TRIUMF is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace, and we
welcome applications from all qualified undergraduate students as defined below:
Applications must be received at TRIUMF by 4:00pm Pacific time on 2018-01-22.
One complete PDF for EACH position must be submitted. Please save the PDF as lastname-job number (eg Smith-15.pdf)
No phone calls please. TRIUMF wishes to thank all applicants for their interest, and regrets that only those being considered will be contacted.
For more information, visit our web site